Here at IABG, we’re taking time this holiday season to reflect on our priorities going into the New Year. Here are our five new year’s resolutions to promote financial equity in 2018:
- Establish a universal children’s savings account program in Illinois.
- Support the launch of Secure Choice, a first-of-its-kind retirement savings program in Illinois.
- Defend the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a U.S. agency that makes sure that financial companies treat us fairly.
- Protect the Consumer Bureau’s federal payday loan rule, which ensures that Illinois families do not get stuck in a debt trap. (Help us by signing your organization onto this letter to the Illinois Congressional delegation in support of the rule!)
- Fight for strong state-level consumer protections, especially for debt collection, predatory loans, and utilities.
We’ll be releasing our 2018 policy agenda in the coming weeks that will reflect these New Year’s resolutions, so stay tuned!