February 24, 2014
Credit building is a crucial part of wealth-building in today’s financial reality. Reaching and maintaining financial stability is increasingly dependent on your credit score. IABG, in collaboration with the Social IMPACT Research Center, has looked at credit score disparities in Illinois in our soon-to-be released report “The Game of Credit: A High Stakes Game that Perpetuates the Racial Wealth Gap.” This webinar presents the report findings and explore both policy and program solutions that can help people build credit and address growing inequity.
- A map of LISC Chicago’s Center for Working Families sites
- The Game of Credit and Trapped by Credit reports.
- IABG’s Racial Wealth Gap Timeline
Participants Will Learn:
- Historical policies and events that created the Racial Wealth Gap
- New research on the connections between credit, credit scores, and minority presence in Illinois communities
- Programs, products, and policies that can reduce racial disparities in credit scores and close the Racial Wealth Gap
- Carl Wiley, Illinois Asset Building Group, Heartland Alliance
- Lindy Carrow, Social IMPACT Research Center, Heartland Alliance
- Kristin Schell, Justine PETERSEN
- Lucy Mullany, Illinois Asset Building Group, Heartland Alliance